Puffed brown rice or millet snacks are great for those who are looking for a wheat-free snack. Kids love snacks, and so do adults. I don’t mind if my kids have a snack – as long as it is healthy. Here’s a quick, easy and healthy snack. Use puffed brown rice of millet, obtainable from the health-food shop. You and your children will enjoy making and eating this one. Rice syrup is not suitable for those who have a Candida yeast infection, or those wanting to get on top of their parasite or bacterial overgrowth. This recipe is perfectly suitable without the rice syrup, it won’t taste as sweet but it is still good as a savory snack.
- 3 cups of puffed brown rice or millet cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use the real thing)
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of brown rice syrup
- Combine your almond butter, vanilla, and rice syrup in a small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat until the mixture becomes syrupy. (watch carefully, this only takes a few minutes)
- Pour the syrup over the cereal and mix well, try to get the cereal evenly coated.
- Lightly coat a glass Pyrex baking dish with either butter or rice bran oil, and add your crispy mixture. Let stand until cool, and cut and serve. (If you want to speed up the process you can chill in the fridge for about an hour.)