It was time for me to write a blog post outlining some great psoriasis exercise tips. I have found that those who exercise quite vigorously every day may be doing themselves a disservice. Those who are too vigorous may even possibly be aggravating their psoriasis because of how much stress they place on their metabolism, skin and their digestive system. This is not something I have read anywhere else; it is a personal observation I have made in my clinic after working with many athletes and patients who exercise a lot that have psoriasis.
Exercise heats up the body, and it is important for you to not only understand that and kind of skin lesions or infections are aggravated or exacerbated by exercise due to the increased moisture caused by perspiration, I believe that any psoriasis can possibly be aggravated by any exercise that is too vigorous or too excessive.
Here Are Some Great Psoriasis Exercise Tips
- Those with chronic psoriasis need to take extra care and shower immediately after any exercise and wear cotton undergarments.
- Cool the body down gradually after you exercise by having a tepid then cool shower. This will prevent you body from maintaining a slightly higher than normal peripheral temperature which can aggravate a yeast infection, an increase in digestive problems and disturbed sleep.
- Avoid having a sauna if you have a chronic yeast infection, it will heat your body core up too much, I’ve found that saunas frequently aggravate those with chronic yeast infections and some just feel worse and may even experience headaches, dizziness and many different types of skin and digestive flare-ups.
- Those with athlete’s foot need to dry their feet carefully in particular after showering and wear sandals preferably until the feet are completely dry. Buy a few pairs of top quality running shoes and be sure to rotate them, place a few drops in the toe and heel area once per week, this will help to completely eradicate athlete’s foot and toe nail fungus in time. Be patient! Apply a little tea tree oil to the nails and feet after drying them.
- Guys with jock itch should also shower immediately after any exercise, dry themselves carefully and thoroughly and wear 100% cotton undergarments only.
- Don’t use antiperspirants! You don’t want to block the flow of perspiration, and if you want to mask any body odor then use an organic product like Aubrey Organics or the brand called Jason.
- Be especially careful of not falling into the trap of carbohydrate replenishing drinks if your cycle or run. Many people drink energy drinks, soda drinks or those fancy sports drinks that contain a high amount of refined carbohydrates. And I’m sorry, but you won’t “burn it off” because you are exercising!
- Keep yourself well hydrated. It is important to drink plenty of water before, during and after exercise. Water improves most all aspects of your digestive system and allows the body to fight a yeast infection all by itself generally.
You can read more psoriasis exercise tips here: