Hummus Is The Perfect Snack Food
Chickpeas are very versatile and highly nutritious, and hummus is one of the tastiest ways to eat chickpeas. I prefer to have chickpeas fresh rather than canned. Just soak a cup full of plump, large chickpeas overnight. The following day drain and simmer for two hours. Drain, cool and blend. Hummus is very versatile, you can use it as a dip or on pitta bread with a filling of your choice. There are many possibilities. Chickpeas are gluten free, full of protein and perfectly good food for those with psoriasis.
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (I prefer the real thing, use 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons of Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- the juice of 1 Lemon
- black pepper
- paprika, to garnish
- Process the chickpeas, garlic, water, tahini, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Add more water or lemon juice if necessary, be careful, only a little at a time.
- Season with black pepper or chilli to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Garnish and serve with a sprinkling of sweet paprika