Never under estimate the frittata, it is a very filling and wholesome meal, containing lots of protein and loaded with many essential vitamins and minerals. It is very easy to make and a highly adaptable dish, it can be served with a meat or bean dish and is perfect for the picnic as well.
- 4 cups of pumpkin coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cups of sweet potato, coarsely chopped
- 1 large potato coarsely chopped
- 125g baby spinach leaves chopped coarsely
- 200g Fetta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 10-12 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to very hot. Grease deep 23cm square cake pan. Line base and all sides with baking paper.
- Steam or boil the pumpkin, sweet potato, and potato. Strain through colander.
- Combine crumbled Fetta cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs, spinach and stir. Add to this the pumpkin & potato and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mix to the prepared pan and bake in hot oven for about 25 minutes or until firm.
- Stand about 5 minutes before serving.
I loved making this recipe! The colors of the Frittata are so glorious.
It would be perfect as a picnic food. I’m going to be taking this along to the next shared food school function.