Mixed Bean Salad Is Nice For Lunch
I like salads for lunch, and this is a real nice one. You can vary the ingredients to suit. I like to cook my own beans, rather than use the canned variety. Of course, it all depends on how busy you are, I do keep some tins of red kidney beans and chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in the pantry, and remember, tinned beans are better than no beans.
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 2 tspns olive oil
- 2 tspns fresh lemon juice
- 300 g can four-bean mix, rinsed, or cooked
- 1 trimmed celery stalk (100g) chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of steamed chopped green beans
- ¼ cup (30g) seeded black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsely leaves
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed baby rocket leaves
- Salt and pepper to suit
- Place garlic, oil and juice in jar and shake to mix well.
- Place remaining ingredients and dressing in medium bowl; toss gently to combine. A delicious dish.
- Variations – too numerous to mention, you can add cooked brown or Arborio rice, chickpeas, wheat free pasta, etc.